Air pollution is a dangerous phenomenon to our environment. It releases harmful chemicals into the atmosphere and makes it inappropriate for people’s life. That’s why it’s known as the most serious environment problems in the world. Not only does air pollution affect your health, but also destroys the ozone layer as well as sharing its dangerous effects. Taking into account, it is more evident than prevention of air pollution needs to be our first concern, and it needs to start at the grass root level, for instance, from our side.
Some preventions of air pollution
Since the anthropogenic causes of air pollution far exceed the natural ones, our responsibility is to take important steps to make sure that we do not contribute to this danger – directly or indirectly. Take a look at some simple steps below so that you can contribute your bit to save the Earth.
- Decrease the use of vehicles either by using public transport or changing from cars to other means of walking or cycling. Additionally, carpooling is considered as an effective option because it can help you save more 1,000$ per year according to the US Department of Transportation.
- In case that you need to use the vehicle, ensure that you avail it efficiently i.e. drive in the speed limit suggested by the manufacturer, stop at the red light, and notice the entire maintain of the vehicle. Keep in mind that performing regular maintenance will improve the vehicle’s fuel efficiency about 19%.
- Some car manufacturers are applying advanced technology to create fuel-efficient vehicles that can reduce harmful emissions. Purchasing this kind of vehicle, you will help your surrounding environment as well as saving about $1,700 in fuel costs.
- If necessary, you can use alternative energy sources such as wind power and solar power. With a low carbon emissions, it will be safe and friendly for your surrounding environment.
- Using energy saving appliances and not wasting electricity will assist you to curb air pollution. If our energy requests are diminished, the energy production will regularly come down. Relying on that, it will lessen the amount of air pollution which is caused by power plants.
- Install the programmable thermostat in your home to make sure that your furnace and air-conditioner is automatically turned off when it’s not required. By decreasing the thermostat from 75° F to 70° F, you will save 10% on entire heating costs.
- Use compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) and replace all standard light bulbs (incandescent light bulbs) in your house. It’s because the CFLs just use 75% less energy and produce 75% less heat. More importantly, each will save $6 per year in electricity bills.
- Instead of burning the waste in your home, you should use other means of garbage disposal. The best way is to opt for traditional methods i.e. composting. Owing to that, you can enhance the quality of soil as well as saving your money and resources.
- Or you can use technologically advanced air pollution control equipment i.e. wet scrubbers and fabric filters. If the wet scrubbers remove acid gases, the fabric filters will move away the dust particles.
Last but not least, do not forget to follow the regulations and rules that are meant to stop air pollution. And try to spread knowledge about the existing environmental dangers. Although it seems far from serious when being taken individually, their increasing effect will be good for you and the environment in the long run.
Read more: Good Ways To Save Your Pocket