Making houses as energy efficient as possible is always a big concern of lots of homeowners. A common way to equip your house to avail less energy while keeping your comfortable indoor air is by using a thermostat. This device can control the house’s temperature on your own. With two great kinds as programmable and wifi thermostats, they are able to offer the energy efficiency you want.
In order to gain the substantial energy saving, you just lower the amount of the heating and cooling systems while you don’t stay at home or go to bed. Make the change to the thermostat whenever you enter or leave home is quite annoyed. But, with the programmable thermostat, you are able to create a program that the system will increase and decrease the temperature relied on your instructions automatically.
Some advantages that you can get when installing this device, including:
- It will control your chosen HVAC settings to operate automatically. It also permits you to set the home’s temperature to alter without making any change to the system. Besides, the system will be set to regulate back to the original temperature on its own.
- It’s not hard to use and access because the programmable thermostat has a keypad located in your house.
- The choice to override the programmed timetable and manually control the temperature.
- With this tool, you can save between 5% and 15% of energy.
A wifi thermostat is similar to a programmable one with Internet capability. Thanks to the Internet, you have an ability to change the heating and cooling systems remotely. Besides, you can turn the system on or off or adjust any program that was previously set up. When installing the wifi thermostat, it’s certain that you will receive some great benefits, such as:
- With this device, you can make changes in the program remotely whether or not you are at home.
- You can set a password to ensure no one can change your program to the HVAC system.
- You can check how the HVAC system is performing with a real-time view of the thermostat. Thanks to the capacity to check the systems and the temperature, you can discover troubles and solve before any small problem can become a big one.
- With built-in security systems, you can stop others from hacking your systems and make any change to the HVAC set up.
- With the remote control access, you don’t have to come to the panel to control when you stay at home.
Increase energy savings with the programmable and wifi thermostats
As we said above, the best way to get energy saving for the HVAC costs is the way you regulate the heating and cooling systems. In the winter, you should lower the temperature to 68 degrees or less when you are not at home or sleeping. And remember to increase the temperature just before you come back house or wake up. Ah, you should do the reverse thing in the winter.
Which thermostat is suitable for your demand?
The wifi thermostat will be ideal for those who often travel or love to change their house’s temperature remotely. In case that you have a stable schedule and don’t often change the system, the programmable thermostat will fit your request.
However, you also consider some situations that both kinds of thermostats are not fitting, as:
- Radiant floor heat
- HVAC systems operate by heat pumps
- HVAC systems that have electric baseboard heating due to the command of 120 or 240-volt circuits.
Hope with this information you can decide the best thermostat for your beloved home.